Japan Auto Direct provide the most informed and reliable importing service for Japanese imports USA wide. With our knowledge of the import process and access to over 150,000 cars at auction each week, we will be able to source the best car for you.
The process is simple and is typically involves the following steps.
1. Once you are ready to go ahead we will require a 200,000 Japanese Yen deposit. We will then get all the necessary details concerning the vehicles you are looking for e.g Color, Kilometers and options as well as your budget and begin searching for cars that fit your description.
2. When appropriate vehicles are found we will send you photos and a full description. If the vehicle is at auction we will also give you a translation of the auction sheet as well as the start price and expected sale price. We will then provide you with a first hand description of the vehicle from Auction. With this information you can decide if you'd like to bid and up to how much. Please note that we will never bid on a car for you without your full approval and designated budget. Ultimately the decision is yours and we will do our best to find you a car that closely matches your ideal vehicle.
3. Once your vehicle is purchased an invoice will be emailed to you within 24 hours. A full set of photos will be sent once the car hits our holding yard; usually 3-4 days after purchase. You will then be required to pay the FOB price (ex Japan) plus the shipping cost directly into our company bank account within one working day. The shipping cost will vary with size of the vehicle and also the destination-PORT location, but generally it will range between JPY 150,000 and JPY 250,000. Please call or email us directly for a customized quote. All paperwork necessary for export will be arranged and the car will be transported to the wharf for shipping. Cars are put on the first available ship usually 3-6 weeks after purchase. Shipping times vary, but will generally take around 20-30 days.
The ENTIRE process usually takes 8-10 WEEKS from the date of purchase.
1) Any vehicle that is at least twenty-five (25) years old (to the month/year of manufacture) is eligible to be imported into the USA, fully exempt of the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (Department of Transport) and Environmental Protection Agency (vehicle emissions) standards or import restrictions.
2) Any vehicle that was originally manufactured to meet the NHTSA (DOT) & EPA standards, such as USDM cars like a Chevrolet Corvette or European exotic from USA, can be repatriated back to America without import restriction.
3) Any vehicle that is a non-US spec vehicle (Not DOT & EPA compliant), such as JDM cars like a Nissan Skyline, you must hire a DOT-registered importer and have them conform the vehicle to U.S. standards upon importation. * Please check the "list of non-conforming vehicles" (link below) for the JDM vehicle you want to import and also the "list of registered importers" (link below) who might be able to conform that specific vehicle to US Spec for you.
For all of the correct and up-to-date information about the rules and regulations to import a vehicle into the USA please contact the NHTSA & EPA. For your referrence, please click on the links below.
|BENZ | BMW | | | | | | | | | HONDA | | | MAZDA | | MITSUBISHI | NISSAN | | | PORSCHE | | ROVER | SUBARU | | | TOYOTA | | | OTHER| ||
Japan Auto Direct
#201 Flex- Seven
1-20-7 Shimouma,Setagaya-Ku, Tokyo, Japan, 154-0002
TEL: +81 3 5459 5044 / FAX: +81 3 5489 8701
Copyright © 2003-2009, All Rights Reserved