Import to Ireland
Japan Auto Direct provide the most informed and reliable importing service for Japanese imports Canada wide. With our knowledge of the import process and access to over 150,000 cars at auction each week, we will be able to source the best car for you.
Importing Japanese Used Cars to Ireland from Japan
The process is simple and typically involves the following steps.
- Once you are ready to go ahead we will require a 200,000 Japanese Yen deposit. We will then get all the necessary details concerning the vehicles you are looking for e.g colour, kilometers and options as well as your budget and begin searching for cars that fit your description.
- When appropriate vehicles are found we will send you photos and a full description. If the vehicle is at auction we will also give you a translation of the auction sheet as well as the start price and expected sale price. We will then provide you with a first hand description of the vehicle from auction. With this information you can decide if you'd like to bid and up to how much. Please note that we will never bid on a car for you without your full approval and designated budget. Ultimately the decision is yours and we will do our best to find you a car that closely matches your ideal vehicle.
- Once your vehicle is purchased an invoice will be emailed to you within 24 hours. A full set of photos will be sent once the car hits our holding yard; usually 3-4 days after purchase. You will then be required to pay the FOB price (ex Japan) directly into our Japanese company bank account within one working day. All paperwork necessary for export will be arranged and the car will be transported to the wharf for shipping to Dublin, Ireland. Cars are put on the first available ship, usually 10-15 days after purchase.
The ENTIRE process TAKES 5-6 WEEKS from date of purchase.
How much does it cost to import a car? Once the vehicle arrives at Dublin Port the shipping is paid to the Shipping Company.
Shipping: 700-900 Euro depending on Size of the Vehicle.
- Customs: 10% of Purchase cost of the vehicle and Shipping
- VAT: 21% of Purchase cost and Shipping.
- The final step in the process is to register the car. This means bringing the car to a Vehicle Registration office for it to be inspected, and the Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) to be paid. VRT is a percentage of the Open Market Selling Price (OMSP), the percentage depending on the size of the car engine:
- Please click the following link to view the VRT Calculator
Most Popular import cars to Ireland :
- Skyline GTR
- Toyota Glanza
- Toyota Levin
- Mitsubishi FTO
- Mitsubishi EVO 1-9
- Subaru Impreza WRX
- Nissan Figaro
- Honda Civic Type R
- Honda Integra
- Toyota Altezza
- Nissan Silvia
- Toyota Chaser
- Mazda RX7
- Toyota Supra
- Toyota Starlet GT
- Mitsubishi Mirage