Import to Australia
Japan Auto Direct provide the most informed and reliable importing service for dealer imports Australia wide. With our knowledge of the import process and access to 150,000 cars per week, we will be able to source you the best car for your yard in Australia.
Importing Japanese Used Cars to Australia from Japan
The process is simple and is typically involves the following steps.
- When you are ready to go ahead we will get all the necessary details concerning the vehicles and your budget and begin sourcing the auctions for cars that fit your description.
- When appropriate vehicles are found at auction we will contact you with a full description of the car including an auction report, details of our own inspection, start price and expected sale price. We in turn relay this information to you and you decide if you'd like to bid and how much you'd like to bid up to. Please note that we will never bid on a car for you without your full approval and designated budget. Ultimately the decision is yours and we will do our best to find you a car that closely matches your ideal vehicle.
Once your vehicle is purchased an invoice will be emailed to you within 24 hours. A full set of photos will be sent once the car hits our holding yard; usually 3-4 days after purchase. Of course you can also choose vehicles from our current stock. You will then pay the FOB price (ex Japan) directly to our Japanese company bank account within 2 working days. All paperwork necessary for export will be arranged and the car will be transported to the wharf for shipping to the nearest port to where you are in Australia. Cars are put on the first available ship, usually a week to 10 days after purchase.
The ENTIRE process TAKES 4-5 WEEKS from date of purchase.
How much does it cost to import a car? We're asked this question a lot so please try this handy cost calculator.
Cost Calculator (AUS)
Popular Japanese vehicles being exported to Australia include:
- Nissan Skyline GTR & GTS-T
- Toyota Supra RZ turbo & SZ non-turbo
- Toyota Soarer
- Nissan Pulsar
- Mitsubishi Delica Spacegear
- Nissan 180SX
- Nissan Silvia
- Mazda RX7 Series 7
- Mitsubishi GTO 96-98 model
- Nissan Fairlady 300ZX
- Mitsubishi RVR
- Toyota Hiace
- Nissan Elgrand
- Nissan 350GT
- Mitsubishi Evolution 7 & 8
- Honda Civic Type R
- Toyota Caldina
- Mitsubishi Legnum
- Any car manufactured in or before 1988 & Prestige vehicles